Cranberry sauce is a delicious accompaniment to your vegan turkey and very easy to make.
- 200g (8 oz.) punnet of cranberries
- 150g (6 oz.) white sugar
- Half a teaspoon of allspice (optional)
- Wash the cranberries and pick out any bits of stem that may be left on them.
- Put the sugar into a saucepan with 200ml (8 fl. oz.) of water. Bring it to the boil, stirring so that the sugar dissolves. Add the cranberries and bring it to the boil again, then reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes. The cranberries will split open - be careful as they will spit hot sauce at you!
- Remove from the heat and stir in the allspice. Allow to cool and then place in the refrigerator. The sauce will thicken as it cools so don’t worry if it is runny and thin at first.
- The sauce can be made in advance and frozen if desired.