Vegan gravy is easy: you can buy vegan gravy granules (such as Bisto Favourite Gravy Granules - both the regular and reduced salt varieties) or make it from Bisto gravy powder. What you should NOT do is use the juice from the pan in which you are roasting a turkey! Just use boiling water (or water that has been used to boil vegetables) to keep your vegan happy.
Alternatively, you can make your own using the recipe below.
Vegan Red Wine Gravy Recipe
This is a very rich gravy that you can make very thick or thin according to your taste. It goes really well with vegan meat substitutes.
- Chop the onions finely and fry them in the oil until they are light brown.
- Add the flour and continue to heat for a few minutes, stirring.
- Add the vegetable stock, red wine and soy sauce and stir thoroughly.
- Continue to heat until the gravy thickens.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.